After looking through many 5th wheels over the last year or so we finally decided on one and it should be arriving from the factory in a couple weeks! We chose the 2017 Momentum 349M.
While looking for the perfect home on wheels there were a few things we needed/wanted.
- A toy hauler because it gave us the freedom to do dry camping much easier and gave us a patio option.
- It needed a separate master bedroom and separate room for our boys.
- A space for home schooling
- Large enough seating for our family
- A master bedroom where the bed was a pop out instead of the closet.
- One bathroom or only a half bath in the garage
- A non-vessel sink in the bathroom
- Pantry in the kitchen
- Island in the kitchen instead of a peninsula
- Single basin sink in the kitchen
- A loft for our oldest son
We originally put a larger model (397TH) on hold but the price was higher than I wanted to spend and it had some features I wasn’t in love with. Once we walked into this other model (349M) I felt excited, happy and knew it was the better choice. The only thing I wasn’t getting on my want list- the master bed pop out 😣 I SO wanted that pop out so I could look out the window when I woke up instead of the tv/wall. But, the only other model that had that type of bedroom pop out, was the more expensive model. But, in the long run we were saving about $10,000 so I could pass on the bedroom layout. And, we were gaining nightstands with the closet pop out model.
Only a few more weeks and we will be moving everything from our 1,750+ sq ft home into our less than 350 sq ft 5th wheel! I can’t wait!
The exterior of the Momentum 349M
My soon to be awesome kitchen! A huge single basin sink, working island full storage, large fridge and huge pantry (not pictured)
This is the living space with TV, electric fireplace that can also heat up the trailer, large windows, island storage and check out that cutie! My happy 5 year old Ben ❤
Master bedroom with overhead storage and nightstands. It has 2 smaller closets and a built in 4 drawer dresser underneath the closets. This is the place I compromised but I’m feeling good about that decision.
The boys checking out the loft space for our oldest son.
My 3 boys ready for adventure! Ben (5), Jack (2), and Steven (7)
We should have the 5th wheel in a couple weeks and I will show how we set everything up!